The building, designed by Paul Wallot, served as the seat of the Reichstag (parliament) in the German Empire as well as in the Weimar Republic and has been the seat of the German Bundestag since 1999. The building was severely damaged by the Reichstag fire in 1933 and by the Second World War. In the 1960s, the building was modernized and from 1991 to 1999 it was completely redesigned.
From 1995 to 1999 the Reichstag was fundamentally redesigned by Norman Foster for its permanent use as a parliamentary building, which was decided in 1991. A striking feature of the cityscape is the walk-in glass dome above the plenary chamber of the German Bundestag. Part of the integrated energy concept are 7000 m² of Clina capillary tube mats, which are installed on the ceilings in the offices, administration rooms and canteen.
© Clina Heiz- und Kühlelemente GmbH